Friday 16 November 2012

My Club: Chelsea

Haven't posted in a while, been pretty hectic for me at the moment so I thought i'd do a post about my thoughts and opinions on my club; Chelsea.

I'll be honest, I am often taunted or accused by friends and fellow football fans of being a 'glory hunter'. As I have tried to explain (mostly in vein), like many people, I followed in the footsteps of my dad in terms of football; he supports chelsea and has done for over 40 years so it's only natural that from the age of 6 or 7 I have been a faithful blue. The money of Abramovich and the "Chelski" era began in 2003, so a few years after I began as a true blue, just thought I would clear that up for everyone!
As for the "armchair fan" thing, I must admit that I don't get to go to many matches as I would like but being an 18 year old student, as well as jobless, my budget doesn't really stretch to the £500 or so that a season costs nowadays. It's something which I touched upon in my last post and something that affects all us passionate footy lovers, extortionate prices in todays world of sport, but enough about that.

Chelsea's recent history has been pretty good, I feel quite lucky that I have grown up in a very successful time for my club with our first Premier league title and first major league success since the 1950s in 2004 under Jose Mourinho, aka 'the special one'! Of course everyone will argue that it was all down to the money and yes it's obviously a factor but tell me a team to win the league that hasn't spent a hefty sum of money? I'd also like to remind anyone that we were consistently in the top 6 of the league for some years prior so it's not like we just turned up with the cash and boughtlly with the disappointing league position, but I still wasn't confident for Bayern Munich in their own back yard.

...




No comments:

Post a Comment